Sunday, November 3, 2013

Yet another mindless doodle...



Rebuking Chaos


Sometimes I wonder just what these doodles mean.  They really aren't planned, they just sort of fall off onto the tablet.  I've gotten to where I treat them a lot like gauges, instruments that indicate something about the inside of my head, I'm just not quite sure how to interpret them.  Sometimes one will turn out quite different from the others, and those tend to mark the beginning of a change in deep attitudes.  Not that this one is one such, no, it's quite in the groove with the last few images added to the portfolio... feminine heroic worked in a palette removed from life, the mythic, the legendary, the symbolic.  Now if this was someone elses painting and I'd read from them what I just wrote I'd be wondering if perchance they were getting a bit discouraged, a bit disallusioned, a bit resigned to disappointment.  Nah, that can't be me, pretty sure I've been all of those things for quite some time now.  Nothing new about that, not for me, I've been living besieged by doomsayers of one form or another for a long time now, like most of my life.  There's no way I'm shoring up the battlements of hope and optimism with art, no way.  There's no way I've become so pessimistic about the state and fate of my land and culture, no way.  Yea, right.  And Fidel Castro didn't like cigars, either. 

...


2 comments:

  1. Perhaps your mind is latching onto the idea of "the good woman" to guard itself against an anticipated onslaught of BDSM-style attitudes...

    ReplyDelete