Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Disclaimer of Tuition...

If…

Philosophy has any value beyond mental masturbation

Then…

the state of modern society is proof of the errors contained in the work of philosophers past, which is why I tend to avoid the study of philosophy: if I imbibe the thought of those who created the errors it is most likely I will internalize and repeat the same errors.  However if I rethink the entire system it is most likely I will not make the same errors as the thinkers of antiquity, and by the difference in our errors the advancement of mankind may then be accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. The trouble is not the philosophers: it's that very few read or listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to tend to assume the same thing, 'nos,
    but in my reading of modern thought on societal
    evolution, i find that the original thinkers
    were more on point way back then than is generally
    realized today. like Jochanaan infers, we are our
    own problem in not being prone to learn, modern
    thinking or not.

    now, we may be learning 'how'...

    pip

    ReplyDelete