Tuesday, August 21, 2012

If I were as good as I'd like to be...


Whirl
by CDM.MMXII
 ...... I'd be able to animate the image, show the right leg flashing into the high kick that pulled back propels her into the pirouette, the shadows from the sailing veil setting curves across the soft flesh of gender, the ripple of dancer’s muscle as she bends from the waist through the second revolution, the plant and leap taking her out the right side of the frame.  But *sigh* I’m not that good yet, all I can do is imagine the power and grace of her motion, and maybe, just maybe, you can imagine it as well...

2 comments:

  1. I've seen such things when I play for belly dances, but the way you describe it seems more like a mix of gymnastics and ballet. Of course, there are many dance traditions--but in the end there's only varying degrees of skill and heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the passion I see, the total dedication to making reality match the vision... the traditions of the art but the alphabet made to serve the story being told.

      Delete