Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Sands of Time...


The Sands of Time
a bit more than a doodle...
This image was done for a totally sweet lass who works at my favorite diner.  She said she wanted a surrealism, something with drooping clocks and funny shaped peoples.  I said it had been done, the drooping clocks thing and all, but said I'd take a different tack with the idea.  Anyhow, this is what became of the thought, thought I'd share it here as well.  I'll not name her, not here, but I'm sure she'll recognize her picture if she ever visits. 

You see, I've felt for some months like there was a crack, a hole, in the bottom of that hourglass that measures my life.  More and more often I've felt like it wouldn't matter how often I turned it over there wouldn't be much sand left to run back down, that I'd end up flipping that glass hour by hour then minute by minute and then second for second and that soon enough the last grain would be gone and I'd spend however much time remained to me staring at the hole in an empty glass.  But not so much now. 

Hope, any real hope, is like sand added to that glass to take the place of what has been lost to the years and the tears.  Those extra grains are such a gift, they really are.  I've posted a thank-you to several women I've crossed paths with here in the pixel forest... Alex, Ira, Leia... those gentle sweet creatures who added back to the glass to balance what was lost.  I'm of a mind to think we really should do more of that, in particular say thanks to those in our lives world of real life who've put something back just by being themselves.  So many of them are not those who were so very large in our life, so many of them are people where we just shared a common corner at times, a common thought, and yet the sum of what is given in those chance passings really can be such a large part of what makes life worth living.  Maybe, maybe if more people just took the time to say thanks more people would feel like it was worth the effort and the risk to reach out to their fellows with a good thought.  And that, that would be a totally fine thing to see growing in the world, people who recognize the goodness there is, see it, nurture it and pass it on.

Thank you sweetheart, you know who you are :-)

1 comment:

  1. And thank you, Cyranos, for daring to ask the questions you do, because so many want to ask them but fear the results of asking! :)

    ReplyDelete