Saturday, January 5, 2019

Tales from a Road Rerun…

Time Machine... a photoManip expression of my state-of-mind.
I’m not sure the proper title of this shouldn’t be “concerning burning barns,” or some psycho-babble bullshit like “habituated repetition of former lifestyle,” which of course refers to the same syndrome. I did make it out, took a good long break and came to the conclusion I didn’t have anything better to do. So? Back in I am.

I’m talking about raising kids. I’ve done the art thing, done the writer thing, done the factory thing, done the mechanic-yard hand-delivery driver-handyman thing, over the years I’ve done a lot of things to keep a few coins in my pocket. But those things were never really self justifying, in one way or another they were all dedicated to A) keeping the family fed, or B) keeping me sane while feeding said family. Long and short of the matter? I’ve discovered that all of the creative things have faded without the counterbalance effort involved with kids. Strange, no? But apparently true where I’m concerned.

I counted it all up, and went damn… if I hammer this keyboard an hour or so a day for the next five years I might actually finish what I’ve got started. Time will tell if told we are. Catch ya’all later.


No comments:

Post a Comment