Thursday, April 17, 2014

Movies and Magic...

I be a smilin’ boy tonight.

The movie was a gift from Selene, Alex’s partner and producer.  For more than a few years it’s ridden the hard drive as a disc image file, for some reason it just hadn’t seemed the right time to connect up the final dots to play it.  Something always got in the way, some minor tech glitch.  And truth, I think I’d been saving it, like the last case of a truly great vintage, saving it against the time it might be really needed.  But the dots connected themselves, it wasn’t really my prime motive when I installed the new player on the new computer, I didn’t expect anything but “can’t play this file” when on a lark I clicked the title.  But apparently fate decided it was time… yea, I’m smiling.


It’s still there, her magic, it took all of three seconds of her smile to reawaken that indescribable feeling, that sense and sentiment only a master dreamweaver can impart, that heady optimism of wholesome love playing in the sunshine.  Lord knows it is such a pleasant thing, to feel that again.  The last couple of years have been pulling hard on the reserves, cynicism starting to creep in, and that’s never ever a good thing.  I suppose it should stand as a proof of love, really, a proof that after everything that’s gone down I can still feel love.  As long as you know you can it’s worth the risk and the effort to leave that door where it can be opened, and that is worth so much more than words can carry.  All I can really say is thanks girls, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. thank you, 'nos! it's working on the initial download, but not the others. i'm trying to figure it out. yes, happy to see our wonderful friend. hoping to hear her voice too.

    pip

    ReplyDelete