Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In Memoriam

Mrs. Nos' passed from our world at 10:55 am, May 10th. She returned to say farewell to her children and myself, we all felt her presence, the life support monitors watching her body confirmed her return in real time. Her compassion was such she said farewell to her animals as well, the companion creatures who loved her as well, they who had been for years one of our greatest assets, they would know things before I, sometimes before she did, their behavior spoke volumes. They knew they were loved.

Many people have touched my heart, many have tutored and taught. But she, she molded my life, she built me, what I am today is as much her work as my own. I have never known or known of anyone who lived Love to such deliberate intent, with such a will to shut out and shut away all things not of love. I count myself blessed to have had her for my wife.

My life must now change, it must if I am to honor her memory and her legacy of compassion. I will mourn my loss, but I will not mourn her. She is now immortal, and once again it has been confirmed for me: there is more to existence than what can be seen with the eyes. To know this is to carry the weight of that knowing, the weight of the promise of sharing the hope, of sharing what it is to know that Love lives on beyond life. I will do my best.

Peace be yours

3 comments:

  1. My sincere condolences, Cyranos. She has gone to The Light, and it is good, but you, your children, and the animal children will miss her always. I know that well. It is too heartbreaking to say more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you CJ. In time to come I will speak more of her, but for now I can but laugh through my tears... I have read the little book she made for this day, and laugh through my tears is all I can do... she knew me so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete