Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oooops...


The joke was on me, actually. I'd been doing a bit of 3D Cadd work just for myself, I wasn't on anyone else's clock thank goodness, designing on a piece of machinery I've had kicking around in the back of me brain for some twenty years now. I was working with primitives, sculpting and cutting and fitting and having a great time being able to see the whole affair in semi-transparent 3D color. I really do love the big drawing programs.

I thought I was done, with the part I was working on anyway. It was all in there inside the pale ghost green case, you could see how that section was supposed to work, how it did it's job. I was feeling quite pleased with myself. Then the bubble burst.
I started laughing, because laugh is what you do when you are the first person to realize just what an idiot you were, and I didn't stop laughing for several hours. I'd drawn the case as one solid piece. Hollow, correctly shaped to hold all the other parts, but one inseparable casting. No way to get anything in, or out. I could be chicken and blame it on the beautiful naked ladies entertaining with song and dance on the other monitor, but no, they didn't do it, I did. On this one they were quite innocent. So, I made up this little reminder poster and fixed my goof. Not like it really mattered, because like I said it wasn't on anyone's clock but my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment