Sunday, November 16, 2014

AP: Her Gaze...

You'll paint 'ore me what you wish my boy,
...see mother mistress lover toy...
and smile to think you've seen my all
...warm woman fertile fair and tall... 
who'll heat your midnight winter dreams 
...caress of fire spill'd sugar'd creams... 
but I say to you oh handsome lad 
...proud man of Athens logic clad... 
think not to sway my siren's heart 
...conniving bold cruel Hera's part... 
with deeds of war and hoarded gold 
...tokens torn from Hades' hold... 
of these I've borne a gluttons fill 
...as empty echo, sterile shill... 
so reach for me if think you must 
...make safe your heart, safer trust... 
in honest hope of hearth and home 
...adventure sated ne'er to roam... 
where we might dwell in cottage walls 
...and laugh my love for all who call. 


It still happens, from time to time... it's always such a treat when it does.  This was inspired by an image on DeviantArt [link].  It all but wrote itself in 30 minutes, and that included cooking lunch.  I wish to express my gratitude to the photographer Mark Daughn and his model Ms. Chrystal Lee for their gift so appropriate to a housebound snowy day. Thanks guys, until you've actually met Erato you can't know what a delight it is to find an image such as yours that awakens the gift of the muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment