Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mea Culpa

I who speak so oft of love
oft chew the bitter rind
of what the fates left above
drowned canyons of a mind...

and I who speak so oft of peace
do battles full fierce start
with foes my fears offer lease
as wardens on my heart...

and I who speak so oft of hope
despair will hang for blinds
around the truths I can't dismiss
of wounds time ne'er will bind...

and I who speak so oft of free
wear chains of clan and kin
shackled every morning sun
compassions' brutal whim...

and I who speak so oft of dreams
oft ration sleep to parts
that bodies rest be not the line
where nightmares' race will start...

and I who speak so oft of life
roll life like dice benign
that tumble up a tiny score
against deaths' running line...

and I who speak so oft the code
of logic sans Descartes
amend my days to hold the way
Pray God will take my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment