Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sword of Aggression


DAMN YOU! take your cursed sword and prove yourself a man,
Turn the roses red to black to match your bloody hand!!!!
But do not think you'll ride from ME with murder in your heart
Then ask I bear a son for you to take his father's part.
Sooner would I kiss an asp and beg it death to give
Than bear a child by such as you that evil onward live.
Once I thought you noble, such a fool was I
To miss the glint of hatred found so often in your eye
For those who cherish love above the wail of orphans cry.
Oh yes, I pray my husband, I pray it twice a night
That they will have a champion ten times yourself in might.
I pray that he will slay thee and then not in his turn
Become a monster such as you, a kingdom for his urn.
I wear these veils in hope of that, and for the widow new
Who'll mix her tears with hero's blood shed defeating you.

***   ***   ***

I never got the chance to ask Selene about this, I can only hope my poem does a good job of reflecting the meaning of her photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment